- Posted by Ruby
- December 22, 2020
CareSmartz360 is a complete software solution designed and developed by the people, for the people, and of the people in the home care industry. With the utmost flexibility in personalizing features and capabilities based on the needs of home care businesses and service providers, the technology team behind it is always striving to improvise and enhance the overall experience for the users.
We know how dynamic the home care industry is. The ever-evolving business processes, federal mandates, demographic regulations, and service guidelines for home-based care, changes from time-to-time. Being a technology solutions partner for many home care agencies across the United States of America, we pulled out new enhancements and features for CareSmartz360 users in our December 2020 update.
If you are not yet a CareSmartz360 user, request a demo to see it live in action.
- Log a Shift Decline reason when un-assigning a Caregiver from a shift and leaving it as open:
- Set default value as True/checked to Apply Authorization:
- Add Billing Rate to the grid in the authorization:
- Ability to Add Modifiers from the Authorization Pop-Up:
- Ability to add ‘Approved” services to Payer:
- Authorized services
- General services
- Allow users to change the caregiver on one or more shift when bulk editing from the Group by Caregiver view on Schedule calendar:
- Notification to office users when a caregiver adds unavailability:
Log a shift decline reason when removing the caregiver from a shift and marking it as an open shift. The reason will be captured and will be applied to that shift and/or recurrence if selected by the user.
When bulk editing from the Schedule Calendar, the default value for Apply Authorization will be set as “Checked” so that the Authorization does not get removed at the time of making any changes or updating multiple schedules.
See billing rates under the authorization grid on the rates tab of the client profile.
Add service type modifiers from the authorization pop-up window. Once the modifier is added and the client – payer section is updated, the system will ask the user to perform a “sync payer” action. Once the payer sync is done, the modifier will be copied and applied to each schedule that is not finalized yet.
The service type that was selected in the client authorization will show as “Authorized Services” under the service type dropdown in the schedule creation window. On the Schedule window, the service type drop-down will be divided into 2 sections –
If a Client authorization is defined, the service type will appear under authorized services in the service type drop-down when creating or updating a schedule.
Change caregivers for any other caregivers from multiple shifts at once from the schedule calendar.
- Ability to exempt specific client(s) from overtime calculations:
- Ability to override total units fields while creating the invoice:
- Ability to export finalized invoice as a .CSV file:
- Date of service
- Start time of service
- End time of service
- Service type
- Units of service
- Rate of service
- Caregiver’s name
- Holiday/OT units/rates
Exempt specific client profile(s) from overtime calculations on invoices.
Modify or override the total unit field on the invoice batch screen, before finalizing the invoice. On clicking the checkbox, the total unit field against that schedule will be enabled, and the user will be able to modify the units.
Export single or multiple finalized invoice(s) as a .csv file from the View Finalized Invoice Batch screen. The report will include –
- Caregiver Late Arrival report:
- New report – Client Status Change:
- Enable Affordable Care Act Report for all agencies:
Generate reports of caregivers based on how late their Clock-In occurred.
Added a new report in the system as Client Status Change under the Reports → Clients tab to allow users to see the date when the status of a client has changed and the reason for that change.
Under the Reports -> Scheduling tab, agencies will be able to see the Affordable care act report in our system.
- Caregiver Quick View:
- Restricting admin & agency users to be shown in a list of Care Coordinator / Supervisor and Manager drop-down:
- Show on care coordinator list
- Show on supervisor list
- Show on manager list
- Allow User to respond to a message from the alert (bell) icon on the Dashboard:
Caregiver quick view is similar to the client quick view by
clicking the caregiver’s name from the list or by selecting the icon in the People Search field.
Control admin and agency users to be shown in the list of Care Coordinator/Supervisor/Manager dropdown menus in the Caregiver profile. There will be 3 checkboxes shown at the bottom of the form to select –
Users for whom any checkbox is enabled will be shown in the corresponding list in the caregiver profile. By default, it will be enabled for all users and can be turned off as the agency chooses.
Reply to incoming SMS messages from the bell icon at the top of the screen.
- Showing schedule status for each schedule on TELLUS data post report
- Integration with Data Aggregator – Fiserv for the state of Arkansas and Care Bridge for the states of New York & New Jersey
- Compatibility with Clearing House – Change Health via SFTP
- Define data elements under the billing information page for EDI file generation
- Element separator – default value is * | *
- Component Data element * : *
- Repetition Data element *`*
User(s) using TELLUS will have the ability to see the schedule status to determine if the schedule posted is complete or if it still needs to be manually posted.
Caresmartz360 is now compatible with the state of Arkansas data aggregator with Fiserv, and in the state of New York and New Jersey with data aggregator – Care Bridge by exporting the file from Caresmartz360 & automatically posting the same to an SFTP folder for processing.
All customers using Change Healthcare as the clearinghouse will now be able to post the data directly via SFTP from Caresmartz360 to Change Healthcare for processing. User(s) will have to enter the SFTP details for each 837P & 837I under Admin Settings > Billing information section. Then, when the EDI file is generated, it will be posted to an SFTP folder automatically with no manual intervention.
User(s) will now have the ability to define the following data elements required for EDI file generation as per the requirement under the Admin Settings>Billing information page.
CareSmartz360 Mobile App Updates
- In-app Push Notifications – Find Caregiver > Open Shift Request & Schedule Reminder
- When the agency user creates and Available shift from the ‘Find Caregiver’ screen.
- Schedule reminders for upcoming schedules
- Option on Dashboard to Sync all Pending Offline Shifts
Caregivers using the latest version of the iOS or Android App will be receiving in-app notifications for the following events:
App users will be able to manually sync pending offline shifts that were not synced automatically due to network errors. It will be visible only if there is any shift that was performed in offline mode and has not been successfully synced. The user can then go to the tab and see the list of shifts that they wish to sync
Note: Not all features are immediately available to all the agency users. Go to Admin Settings and update the permissions for your agency users at the time of a new feature release, if required for
CareSmartz360 has evolved based on the feedback and requests from agencies, caregivers, and industry experts. It is our constant endeavor to bring in new features and enhancements, according to the dynamic needs of home care businesses and customers.
To learn more about what other updates and enhancements have rolled out to CareSmartz360 users, and how it will help excel their business operations, read December Update Brings New Enhancements & Features to CareSmartz360.